Unless otherwise stated, these Technical Support Policies apply to technical support for all Functionize software product lines.
“You” and “your” refers to the individual or entity that has ordered technical support from Functionize or a Functionize-authorized distributor.
To receive technical support as provided by Functionize Support Services (“FSS”) as described in these Functionize Technical Support Policies, all programs must be licensed.
Technical support is provided for issues (including problems you create) that are demonstrable in the currently supported release(s) of a Functionize licensed program, running unaltered, and on a certified hardware, database and operating system configuration, as specified in your order or program documentation.
These Technical Support Policies are subject to change at Functionize’s discretion; however Functionize policy changes will not result in a material reduction in the level of the services provided for supported programs during the support period (defined below) for which fees for technical support have been paid.
2. Support Terms
Technical support is effective upon the effective date of your order unless stated otherwise in your order. Unless otherwise stated in the order, Functionize technical support terms, including pricing, reflect a 12 month support period (the “support period”). Once placed, your order for technical support services is non-cancelable and the sums paid non-refundable, except as provided in the relevant order. Functionize is not obligated to provide technical support beyond the end of the support period.
Support requests must be submitted via the Functionize in-app support system. If the in-app system is unavailable, an email with detailed issue description may be sent to the Functionize Technical contact listed in your Order Form.
- Your technical contacts are the sole liaisons between you and FSS for technical support services.
- Your technical contacts must have, at a minimum, initial basic product training and, as needed, supplemental training appropriate for specific role or implementation phase, specialized product usage, and/or migration.
- Your technical contacts must be knowledgeable about the Functionize supported programs and your Functionize environments in order to help resolve system issues and to assist Functionize in analyzing and resolving service requests.
- When submitting a service request, your technical contact should have a baseline understanding of the problem you are encountering and an ability to provide a detailed description of the problem with evidences and supporting materials in order to assist Functionize in diagnosing and triaging the problem.
- To avoid interruptions in support services, you must notify FSS whenever technical contact responsibilities are transferred to another individual.
You may designate one (1) primary and two (2) backup individuals (“technical contact”) to serve as liaisons with FSS. Your primary technical contact shall be responsible for overseeing your service request activity and the backup technical contacts shall be responsible for overseeing the request activity in the primary individual’s absence.
Functionize may review service requests logged by your technical contacts, and may recommend specific training to help avoid service requests that would be prevented by such training.
Update means a subsequent release of the program which Functionize generally makes available for program licenses to its supported customers at no additional license fee. Updates do not include any release, option or future program that Functionize licenses separately. Updates are provided when available (as determined by Functionize) and may not include all versions previously available for a program acquired by Functionize. Functionize is under no obligation to develop any future programs or functionality.
3. Functionize Technical Support Levels
Software Updates & Support
You will automatically receive updates to the Functionize system. Software Updates & Support consists of:
- Program updates, fixes, security alerts and critical patch updates
- Major product and technology releases, if and when made available at Functionize’s discretion, which may include general maintenance releases, selected functionality releases and documentation updates
- Access to the customer support systems in the Functionize application, including the ability to log service requests online, unless stated otherwise.
- Non-technical customer service during normal business hours
- The Software License, Updates & Support described above
- First Line Support (Level 1)
For your support requests, Functionize will use reasonable efforts to respond to service requests per the Response Time Goals set forth in the guidelines below; however, Functionize’s failure to adhere to the times stated will not constitute a breach by Functionize. The guidelines are for informational purposes only and subject to change at Functionize’s
|Priority Level||Response Time Goal||Update of Resolution|
|Critical – App malfunction or down||2 hours||Same day|
|High – Serious business impact||2 hours||24 hours|
|Medium – Moderate business impact||4 hours||2-5 days|
|Low – Limited business impact||24 hours||TBD based on priority|
8. Priority Definitions
Service requests for supported Functionize programs may be submitted by you online through Functionize’s in-app customer support system. If the in-app system is unavailable, you may reach the technical contact in your contract by email. The service request priority level is selected by you and Functionize and should be based on the priority definitions specified below.
Priority – Critical
Your production use of the supported programs has stopped or is so severely impacted that you cannot reasonably continue work. You experience a complete loss of service. The operation is mission critical to the business and the situation is an emergency. A critical priority service request has one or more of the following characteristics:
- Data corrupted
- A critical documented function is not available or not responding
- System hangs indefinitely, causing unacceptable or indefinite delays for resources or response
- System crashes, and crashes repeatedly after restart attempts
Reasonable efforts will be made to respond to critical priority service requests within two (2) hours.
Except as otherwise specified, Functionize provides 24 hour support for critical priority service requests. You must provide FSS with a contact during this 24×7 period, either on site or by phone, to assist with data gathering, testing, and applying fixes. You are requested to propose this priority classification with great care, so that valid critical priority situations obtain the necessary resource allocation from Functionize.
Priority – High
You experience a severe loss of service. Important features are unavailable with no acceptable workaround; however, operations can continue in a restricted fashion.
Priority – Medium
You experience a minor loss of service. The impact is an inconvenience, which may require a workaround to restore functionality, may affect certain features or application response times.
Priority – Low
You request information, an enhancement, or documentation clarification regarding your software but there is no impact on the operation of the software. You experience no loss of service. The result does not impede the operation of a system.