We love incorporating customer feedback into our product. Improving user experience was top of mind as we rolled out several key enhancements.
Key Features of 4.1 Release
- SSO - SAML 2.0 Azure AD Integration
- New Nested Folder Navigation panel
- Performance Optimization for the Project Page
- Ability to insert Selector Snippets for Selector Overrides
SAML 2.0 for Azure AD
Single-sign on is a highly sought-after capability for enterprise customers wanting extra security and ease of use signing into products. We added support for Microsoft Azure AD, which is one of the most commonly used authentication methods. After administrators turn on the Azure AD integration, their end users will see a “Sign in with SSO” option in their Login Page.
Major Rewrite to Optimize Performance & Improve Customer Experience
We have transformed the test case listing page inside of each project. Key improvements include:
- Migrated Modules to Folders
- Added folder support for Page Objects
- Added support for nested folders
- Restructured navigation of the test listing page
- Added support for drag n drop capabilities manage test cases and page objects
- Updated search and navigation functionality
Nested Folder Navigation Panel
In today’s complex world of software development, testers are responsible for numerous different test suites. Over time, it can be challenging to organize and locate tests. To solve this problem, we have introduced a new navigation panel inside of each project which allows the user to build deeply nested hierarchies for test cases and page objects. With the flexibility of this new nested folder structure, a user can easily organize their tests based on evolving needs.
Whether you want to organize tests into folders based on regression vs new features, or prefer to organize them by the component or feature area. The possibilities are endless!
Faster Performance of the Project Page
We know that every second counts, especially for testers who are short on time, so several pages of the UI have drastically improved loading times. This includes the project page as well as improved speed of test execution.
- The project page is now ~3x faster on small projects and ~2x faster on large projects for initial load.
- Search, sorting, filtering, managing folders is instantaneous (and done in the browser), making larger projects at least 20x faster.
- Bulk drag and drop functionality now available to drop tests into folders.
- Switching between projects is a drop down versus "back, search, select".
If you don’t want to use machine learning to find the element, a specific selector may be used. Of course if the selector is not found, you can fall back to the default ML selection method, or you can force the test to fail. However we all know making selectors that are good and unique can be cumbersome, especially if you don't have the site under test opened to the right state, right in front of you. We've decided to same some of the effort out of doing this by storing unique selectors for you to choose from. In this case, instead of having to write the selector from scratch, we now give you an easier way to select from a list of automatically populated selector options both in-product and Architect.
From the Test Case Details Page:
How to Get Started
Seeing is believing! Try out all these features and more in the Functionize intelligent test automation platform. Sign up for a Free Trial now.